Friday, August 8, 2008

To Blog or Not to Blog


I don’t have a blog yet because I just refer people to far more interesting pre-internet blogs such as Jean Cocteau’s Diaries or the famous 20th century song-cyclist Ned Rorem’s Paris Diaries. Andy Warhol’s diaries published after his death were simply transcribed from tape recordings because he was too lazy to write down his musings (gossip) apparently.

I may consider a blog or simply send out scintillating remnants of bon mots via bulletins, far less worthy than the likes of those chronicled by Auden and Cronenberger, such as Dorothy Parker. I feel I have nothing much to say on a daily basis worthy of being entrapped in an internet audit stamp on the electronic sprawl.Here is just a trial balloon bulletin.

In 1988, I wrote a science fiction novel called MOVIETONE MARS, which was pre-internet, and I predicted that in the future everyone would be his/her own semi-celebrity and have his/her own 15 minute television show. With the advent of reality television shows, blogs, Myspace, Facebook, internet webcams and Youtube, there may be something to it.

I have a nondescript life with as much excitement as the the Elephant Man subsisting on potatoes in the carnival, living here in the wondrous peasant state of Louisiana, so I do not have much to describe daily living on a blog diary. I’ve written voluminous correspondence pre-internet, about 12 thickly bound volumes of single space epistolary discourse that would make Howard Lovecraft nod slightly with agreement as he reaches for his A & P Spagetti. So I’m sending this much the way candidates now set up exploratory committees to see if they will run for office or whether they have stomach gas. My new website URL is http://www.mfkorn. com

Thanks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What does the M F stand for?